Shooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Beartooth Regular
5,220 Posts
Two Bits,
I edited your original post (serial number). Most sites recommend only giving the first 3 numbers or so of your serial number on the web for info. While I don't believe we have dishonest folks on this site, someone of questionable lineage may surf in and cause you problems. I didn't mean effect the information in your thread at all, just a little protection. If I have stepped over the line, I will put the original #'s back up for you. No offense was intended.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alyeska338:

Thanks!! I always wondered why the serial numbers I saw in different web sites always started with some numbers followed by a bunch of Xs. I guess all the info needed is contained in the first 3 numbers.

Thanks again.

·
Beartooth Regular
5,220 Posts
Two Bits,
Another really good way to get info about your (especially the Winchester's) are to check their websites. Winchester has a inquiry link on their site, I'm not sure if it costs anything or not. Don't get me wrong, we are all interested in the unique firearms and want folks to share info, but sometimes if we divulge too much info it's not completely safe. Sounds like you've got a real winner there, enjoy it and maybe post of photo so the rest of us can turn greeeeennnnn. ;)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alyeska338,
Thanks for the tip about the web site. That led me to the gun Blue Book site and you have to pay to get info on Winchesters. I'm not that interested on what its worth because I don't want to sell it. At one time I was thinking of selling or trading it for a Marlin 1894 Cowboy Rifle, but I think I'll just keep it and maybe someday buy a Marlin outright. I'll see about getting a picture or two loaded up.

·
Banned
2 Posts
That's a nice looking gun there. Looks like it's in great condition. I've got a '58 Model 94 that's seen some use.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Kyjames. It hasn't been used much. I've only fired a couple of hundered rounds through it at the range. I've taken it hunting just 3 times about 30 years ago and never fired a round in anger out of it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts