Shooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a Winchester Model 1894 30 WCF, year 1918 Sporting Rifle. I have looked all over the web for a front sight, Numrich, Brownells, ect. I cannot find the correct sight, I even contacted Marbles. The sight they suggested is not correct! Is there a sight from another model that will work? I tried to fit a Marbles and it will fit the dovetail but the sight sits off of the barrel. Does any one know if a sight from a Pre 64 Model 94 Winchester will work? The current sight is a Marbles #3 that is broken, this sight would work just fine if I could find one. Thank You

Hammerdrop:eek::confused:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I did, the sights are the Marbles #37 which is the same one I now have. I find it hard to believe no one knows anything about this sight, there were so many of these made. However I don't understand how a person breaks a front sight as badly as the one my customer has. Thank's anyway I do appericate your help.

Hammerdrop:confused:

·
Banned
442 Posts
I have a small collection of old sights, they are generally avalible at gunshows in junk boxes. Could you post a picture of the site you are looking for as Winchester had so many sights avalible.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts

Any sight available at the time of manufacture could be ordered/found on the old Winchesters. You have had little response because we don't know what you want and those who have old sights tend to keep them.

This is just one of many variations that was available.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I found probably the best winchester parts any ware, Buckingham's Antique Winchesters of TN. They have pretty much every thing you could need for almost any old firearm. There Phone # is 731-559-4169

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes I did, they are friendly a bit old school on payment and information but that's just fine with me. Check them out!

·
Registered
1 Posts
frankazin

I have a Winchester 1894 circa 1899. I too have lost part of the front sight and I am having trouble getting it repaired. All that is gone is the tiny gold bead on the front top. The gunsmithn said that he could replace the front sight, but said that he advised not to do it because it might lower the value. Any ideas.............................

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Winchester Front Sight

I have a contact which handles antique Winchester parts, here is the information
Buckingham's Antique Winchesters, Day: 731-559-4169 Night: 731-559-4357
I have purchased peroid correct original sights from this place. Good Luck

·
Registered
7 Posts
The last book George Madis wrote before passing was one on winchester sights and if i recalled the was quite a few different sights that may have been ordered with the gun. If you can find a copy of his book it is a great reference with drawings and such. single action.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts