Shooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If the mods want to move this feel free. What all cartridges have ever been offered in Winchester lever guns? I have been collecting cartridges for a few years now and had thought the other day that a display with all of the Winchester lever gun cartridges would be pretty neat. I’m wondering which ones I’ve missed. I don’t have the .50’s but I think I have most everything else.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Don't forget to include an example of the round that started the ball rolling ...
The 44 Henry Rimfire ... I'm not sure if Winchester ever chambered one of their rifles in it but it would look good on the display !
Lots of different calibers have been chambered in Winchester Lever Actions over the years !
Thanks for posting ... interesting read .
Gary

·
Registered
613 Posts
Don't forget to include an example of the round that started the ball rolling ...
The 44 Henry Rimfire ... I'm not sure if Winchester ever chambered one of their rifles in it but it would look good on the display !
Lots of different calibers have been chambered in Winchester Lever Actions over the years !
Thanks for posting ... interesting read .
Gary
Talking about the .44 Henry Flat, I don't know if it was in the 1866 Winchester or not. Could've been. It was a pretty weak round by todays standards. I looked it up once. I think a 200 gr. lead bullet at around 1025 fps.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Winchester's model 95 was introduced at a time when smokeless powder was the wave of the future. But a couple older black powder cartridges were still chambered for this rifle but loaded with smokeless powder. 38-72 and 40-72. If you can locate these two cartridges, you're an expert investigator. They've been out of production for several decades.

TR

·
Registered
107 Posts
Maybe I missed it but I didn’t notice mention of the 94 Big Bore cartridges. The 307 Winchester, 356 Winchester, 375 Winchester and 444 Marlin. I’m sure you’ve probably added them to your collection already since they’re not that hard to find.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts