Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New here, but recently picked up a Model 71 2011 SHOT Show .348 as part of an auction lot.

I spoke with the Utah folks, and they confirmed it's S/N 00001ZY71A means it was the first one produced, being made in 2012 from orders taken only at the january 2011 show. The delay was supposedly due to the earthquake and tsunami in 2011 Japan, which disrupted production at Miroku. A "Historian's Letter"is on the way.
Anyway, I'm more of a milsurp/Mauser kind of guy, so I'm not really interested in keeping it, and am considering listing it on GB, but Ive not had much luck looking for values to let this one go for.
Any suggestions?
Link goes to a Dropbox folder with pics...
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/u34luni9slslti8/AADiFyU8n3Nkzsg_3AdPgxzca?dl=0

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That’s just it...I really have no use for it, but I had to take it to get the rifle I really wanted, an unissued 1924/30 Venezuelan Mauser in museum condition...
That being said, Ive sometimes listed the accompanying rifles in the private auction lots I take on GunBroker, but seeing as this is a bit of an unusual one, I have no real basis for putting a price on it. It’s NOT an old original Winchester, but it’s also a little unique in its history, and a beautiful “Japchester”. I’m concerned i’ll either undervalue it and some clown will steal, or I’m going to overvalue it and get stuck trying to get bidders.
Anyone here have a clue what a fair number should be?
NOTE: It’s a “standard” edition, as the pics show.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts