Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a model 100 in 308 that consistantly doubles when fired from the bench, with factory or handloaded ammo. Any ideas or suggestions to stop this?

·
Beartooth Regular
5,218 Posts
Buffalo,
if doubling means the rifle is allowing two rounds to fire with only one press of the trigger and the recall has been done on it, I'd send it back to Winchester and have them perform the recall again. If the recall maintenance wasn't done correctly, hold them accountable for it. There is no reason we should accept poor quality or a dangerous firearm from any manufacturer, period.

On the other hand, do you know if anyone has performed any shade tree gunsmithing to the rifle since the recall was performed? May not be Winchester's fault if someone messed it up. Either way, I'd send it back and get them to make it safe. I know what a pain in the neck it is to send a rifle back to its maker to have them to get it right, but with safety issues, it really needs to be done.

Sorry I don't have any gunshop recommendations that would allow you to correct this problem yourself, wish I did. :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts