Shooters Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello, 1'st post, long time lurker. I have a Winchester Model 71 (1938) in shipment (insert: HAPPY!) that has the 98-A peep sight. The sight is functional but on each side where there is a staked slotted screw head (looks like that anyway) one is broken off and the other side has only half of the head remaining. It looks as if someone in the past may have thought those were windage adjustments and broke them off with a screw driver. Well as I said the sight is functional but if anyone has information for the repairing of this sight to it's original shape I would really appreciate it. There used to be a guy in Michigan a long time ago who routinely did this work but I lost his contact info.:) Mods: I started another thread in Gunsmithing, so if you prefer no duplicate threads please feel free to delete one. Thank you, Bruce

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The height adjustmest screw goes through to the larger hole in the bottom of the bolt and is flared there to secure it. I think so anyway, Bruce

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dutchman: Our resident good guy expert on these is Tebsinar, Mr. Bob Nisbet. If you PM me I'll give you his phone number. Bruce

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.