Shooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
reloaded 50 rounds of .357 with 2400 13 grns over 158 grn jfp fired 24 then found the small angle eject part number u341850310 broke i am in UK any of you guys know how i might get a replacement part.:cool:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Ah... the "Ejector"... according to the parts book, specific to the .357. Some of the folks over here won't sell parts to you blokes in the UK. The Winchester site has quite a list of where you can find parts. Look under "Customer Service" tab, then "Obsolete Parts".

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
post 64 winchester action locked up

managed to get hold of replacement ejector parts from W.G.P Ltd in Canada gun ran ok for 500 rounds took gun to range yesterday fired 60 rounds on return home gave the gun a clean and found the lever stiff opening the acton checked the gun out today and found the lever completely locked up and not able to move lever on down stroke if anyone has any idea on how to fix or cause of problem i would be grateful. Croc.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
winchester 94 post 1964 .357mag

hi hammer cocks decocks ok, cleaning of barrel clean with pull through light wipe out of action with solvent on patch thanks for reply croc.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
OK, I just wanted to verify that it was not the hammer that was binding.

Retrace all the steps that you took during the repair, and before or after anything. Were any pins "easy" to reinstall, they might have shifted. Has a scope mount been added, a screw could be too long. Are the Plug Screws for the receiver sight turned too far in.

- The Friction Stud may be bound up, or not moving correctly.
- Tighten the Spring Cover Screw, it may only appear to be tight.

To open the action, lightly tap downwards on the bolt. This may loosen the locked-up action, but it may cause damage if pins have shifted or screws are protruding, or any other part in the way for that matter.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hi mainspring thanks for reply will check out and follow your advice when time permits. croc

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hi winchester 94 now ok fault traced to loose lever link pin thought i might share with you all having checked my reloading records gun has fired 20000 rounds from new i purchased this rifle in late 1996 after the UK hand gun ban even now accuracy is fantastic read on other forum sites post 64 rifles don't amount to much poor quality steel etc winchester got this one right very pleased it. Croc.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hi have used many loads over the years TIGHTGROUP BULLSEYE REDDOT VITN320 all for target shooting ALLIANT 2400 out 100 yards very good target load. Croc.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts