Shooters Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a couple of these guns 5, 6 whatever years ago when they came out. Short Mags website forum (that was a good one; too bad it's gone!) had good things to say about it, so I got a 325 WSM for me and elk, then a 300 WSM for son-in-law.

What a great gun! My 325 is a perfect mountain elk rifle. Plenty of punch without a nasty kick, short, lightweight, and very accurate. Too bad they're gone now, but I understand that now a number of manufacturers are putting out similarly inexpensive but fine shooting rifles, so whatever....

Anyway, my question is really about re-stocking the thing. The stock's kinda ugly, and I like wood, so I'm looking at a couple of different options there. Have checkered and finished a stock for another rifle a few years back, so I'm willing to fool around with this. Saw a pretty good article online about how to put a wood stock on this particular gun, but am just wondering if anyone else has had any experience with doing the same thing? If so, I'd appreciate your input. Thanks, all.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts