Shooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

First post, pretty well. Just wondering if there were any other Trails End owners onboard? Just picked up a NIB Trails End in .357 Mag, with Colour Case hardened frame and octagonal bbl. and crescent butt.

What a beauty! I've only found general info on the web about this model. Just wondering if there are any 'experts' on this model and if there was anything else to be added? i.e., years of manufacture?

Any issues, gremlins, etc...to be on the look-out for? I was planning on shooting a mix of .38 Special and .357 Mag in it using my own reloads and cast lead bullets. Any quirks that I should keep in mind when reloading for it?

Anyhow, please feel free to jump in with any comments, advice, etc... All contributions gratefully accepted!:)

·
Registered
1,011 Posts

Don't shoot 38 Specials in that rifle and then shoot 357 mag ammo. The 38's build up a carbon ring in the chamber that will cause pressure issues if 357 is then fired without cleaning.

We need a serial number to know when it was made, something like 6,360,XXX. Am I close?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks

I am wanting to start cowboy action shooting and want a Trails End to go with my Uberti navy colt in 38 sp. So now I know to serch for 357 mag.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts