Shooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to get an idea on the value of my Dads old Model 94 Winchester. It was purchased back in the 40's for &#3615.00 at a police auction. It is the 24" barrel rifle model, old brown finish and all original. It has seen alot of use and still shoots fine. Caliber is .30 WCF (30-30). I am not looking to sell, it has a lot of sentimental value, I shot my first Whitetail with it at age 11, some 49 years ago.  Just curious. Thanks.
Phil Uruburu

·
Beartooth Regular
2,146 Posts
Phil,
      Most '94's from that time period, in the condition you describe, would sell for &#36350-&#36400 in my area. The long barrel may make it a little more valuable, but here we get into the collector business and that can get mind-boggling. Unless it has something that is quite unusual about it then it will probably sell in the range that I mentioned. Just my best guess based on what I've seen for sale around here- I'm not a collector by any means!          ID

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ID, thanks for the reply, The gun is solid, and a great shooter serial number is in the 800xxx  area, and it was old when my Dad got it. Looking forward to my Grandson getting his first deer with it. Thanks again.
Phil Uruburu

·
Beartooth Regular
650 Posts
Dear Phil,

Your rifle was made in 1916 based on the 800xxx serial number.  If it is in excellent shape, value should be somewhere between &#36600 - &#361,000 depending on the wood grain.

You've got a classic!!!

John

·
Beartooth Regular
2,146 Posts
John, I was hoping you'd jump in on this one! I figured you would know what this fellow had. :biggrin:  ID

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks John, as I said I am not looking to sell it ,I was just curious. We will keep it in the family.
Phil

1 - 6 of 6 Posts