Shooters Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
65 Posts
I was out at the range yesterday with the kids and took my Winchester 94 in .44 Mag. I had never shot Blazers (240 gr. JHP) in it prior to yesterday and wanted to see how they would do. My last 4 shots cut one, albeit ragged, hole at 50 yards. The gun has always been accurate with my handloads, but only so-so with factory loads. I think I'll keep it a while longer and maybe buy some more Blazers.

I have a Marlin in .357 and it is very accurate with Jacketed bullets, but the micro-groove rifling doesn't seem to like cast/swaged bullets unless they are extremely hard (Lazercast), then it is okay.

I guess the best way to decide is to try and shoot each of the rifles in .44 Mag and get the one you like best.

·
Banned
65 Posts
Blazer Caution from Speer

I just found out that Speer DOES NOT recommend the use of their Blazer ammo in lever guns. On another posting, someone mentioned it and I called Speer to find out what the deal was. Their tech informed me that they do not recommend Blazer ammo in ANY lever-action gun due to the potential for case head separation in some older or looser guns.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts