Shooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like to buy used guns and fix them up myself and I also enjoy building them. I have an offer to buy a 1300 12 ga receiver and an 1100 20 ga receiver for 50 dollars a piece. I figure with shipping and transfer fees it will be about 220 dollars. Would it be worth buying these receivers and building them up? I figure it might save me some money and I would enjoy it a lot. Both receivers are in good condition.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Do you mean good, or NRA "Good"? NRA Good is probably not the best place to start if you are really looking to make money.
If the Remington is an LT20 receiver, you should have no trouble finding any part you need. If it's an old standard weight 20 you will have a tough time, as they have been out of production for a long time now and the target shooters still use them and scarf up parts whenever they can. Win 1300 stuff seems to be still plentiful. If you enjoy it, then only you can say if it's worth that much to you. Depending on the vintage and condition, an LT20 can fetch $500 pretty easily. A 1300 considerably less.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was just doing this for myself because I enjoy it. But I didnt even thing about the standard or LT receiver. It is a standard receiver and really the only things that are available for the gun are the barrles and some stocks and thats really it. Good thing you reminded me of it. Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts