Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I purchased a Winchester 1300 XTR I believe back in 1983. It came with 3 interchangeable chokes that screwed in with a hook like wrench. The full choke is currently in the gun. I've misplaced the other 2 chokes. Would anybody know what the other 2 chokes were? Could use suggestions as to were I might go online to find them. I've been on eBay which has people who sell them but am confused by the mention of style 1,2 & 3. Not sure what style I need.

Link below shows picture of Full choke

https://www.sugarsync.com/pf/D925618_7930454_7744539

Thanks for your time.

Manny

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
The three chokes that came with your Winchester were Full, Modified and Improved Cylinder. I've not seen the "styles" term used with Winchester, but "WinChoke" is probably style 1, and the one you need.

The choke tubes you need are readily available, though they might have a different brand on them. The choke tubes are approx. 1.5" in length, newer styles will be longer. Common tubes will be the Mossberg AccuChoke and the Browning Invector (not Invector Plus). Most tubes will be flush with the end of the barrel, though tubes that extend out of the end of the barrel are available.

Try your local gunshop or gun show for new and used. Online, just about everybody will carry what you need, Brownells, Cabela's, Ebay etc.. Colonial Arms, Carlson's and others will make aftermarket tubes.

Here is an interchangeability chart, again "WinChoke" is what you want...Colonial Arms.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts