Shooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Beartooth Regular
7,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
  I'll start this with a few simple things. No &#36500 double rifles.

1/ Simple plastic lens covers for Leupold scopes, like most other brands have.

2/ A cartridge belt slide from Uncle Mike's or somebody that fits between the belt loops of an ordinary pair of blue jeans. The 10 sheck model is too long, so I cut it to size.

3/ A metal powder pan for the otherwise excellent PACT Digital Precision Powder Scale. The plastic pan suffers from terminal static cling when the humidity approaches zero this time of year. PACT's solution of washing it in soapy water doesn't work, so I use the aluminum pan from my old Redding scale.  

·
Registered
194 Posts
Jack,

How about Butler Creek scope covers for your Leupold? Uncle Mikes makes a 12 round fold over cartridge carrier thats only wide enough to accept the 12 rounds. Velcro's at the top and folds down to allow easy reloads when the bunnies are charging :) . Its a nice unit that keeps your ammo out of harms way. Lastly, last time I was at the local gun shop, they had replacement scale pans from RCBS in aluminum for your electronic scale.

Anything other easy wishes I can help with ?

Best regards,

·
Registered
10 Posts
I wish for RUGER  would:
      update the redhawk to the super style of grip,
           (the super is ugly, but great grip feel)      

make a 6+8 inch barrel versions

add a ported OPTION
                - like the S&W that minimizes added length
                       the taurus waste barrel length

make a 5 shot 475 or 500 linebaugh  or = of.
         maybe even a linebaugh long (@.25 longer)
              version of 45 to 50 cal.

·
Beartooth Regular
1,118 Posts
Okay, here are a couple to add to our discussion.

Winchester/U.S. Repeating Arms to chamber the 1895 and 1885 in .35 Winchester.

Ruger to bring back a true mid-size Blackhawk frame ala the Flat Tops for .357 Magnum and .44 Special

Colt to return to regular production and sales

Smith & Wesson to learn the error of its ways before it's too late for the employees

·
Super Moderator
3,375 Posts
Well, as long as we are wishing, here are a few of my own wishes!

A return to manufacture of the very small frame Savage 24 series over/under in .410/22 Hornet.

A return of the Ruger .32 Magnum SSM with adjustable sights.

Ruger to chamber their M77MKII in .35 Whelen as they did the one run of M77RS's several years back.

For Winchester to integrate a similar integral scope mounting system similar to Ruger or Sako for their Model 70 rifles.

A factory standard chambering of the .338-06, preferably offered in both Winchester M70's and Ruger M77MKII's as well as the No.1

A five shot .357 built on a slightly lengthened Ruger Single-six frame (wow, what a woods gun)

A Stainless Ruger Bisley with adjustable sights (so we don't have to make our own)

An affordable Winchester 86 reproduction

A model 92 knock-off without the stupid safeties, in .32-20 WCF

A lightweight carbine such as the Marlin 1894P in .454 Casull.

We'll, if all those were manufactured, I don't know if I'd be happier, but I'd surely be broke!

It's fun to wish!

God Bless,

Marshall

·
Beartooth Regular
1,118 Posts
I'll certainly second that vote for the .338-06. With today's premium bullets I doubt there is much short of Cape Buffalo or jumbo that would stand up to a well-placed shot. Let's see, a 25" medium-weight barrel with sights on a No. 1 action, Circassian walnut, coal black bluing job....mmmmmm

:cool:

Here's another one to run up the flagpole:

Ruger dumps the 3-position safety on the M77 MkII and returns to the perfect tang button of the original rifles.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts