Shooters Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
518 Posts
So I am stuck on this .45 thing - I know there are .44 mag rifles, probably bolt, and I know there are bolt .45/70s: I would like to see a light .45 Colt bolt action with a 22" barrel. One strong enough to take constant hot loading.

So why not just get a magnum? I just like the Colt.

· Registered
518 Posts
Too bad the 8mm Reminington Magnum never got picked up, it might be interesting to see what could be made from that cartridge. .270 or .340? Hmm...

· Registered
518 Posts
kcih - what is STA? And what is the euivalent inch to 7mm? I know 8 is .32, I didn't know that there were any carts based on the 8mm Rem Mag, and have been wondering what 270 and 340 would be like, even wondered about 338, but didn't want to wiegh down the tragectory.

My main reason for interest is that I like the least obvious favorites - .45 Colt for one. a buddy of mine has an 8mm Rem Mag, and does not shoot it much. Handed it to me (we servered together and shot together alot) and smiled. I shot it once, that was enough, I thought I did permanent damage to myself. But, I do like the idea of a small projectile in a howizer case. Like Ma Bell, I like reaching out and touching someone/thing.

· Registered
518 Posts
Thanks guys! That is enough for the evening. As usual, if I keep asking, I keep learning. Gotta love this forum!!

· Registered
518 Posts
It is truely amazing that it takes proximity to "light a fire" in someone's endocrine system. There is no way you could get me close enough to be caught by a lion, let alone stand there and wait till the last possible moment to shoot a little peice of lead in a charging animal, let alone one pissed off lion.

I guess to each their own, I prefer yardage, don't care if I have to aim 9' over target or not, as long as I can smack with big projectile at a good distance!

Some folks sport is "Nerves, who's gottem'?" and some, "Projection of imapact - how good am I?"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.