Shooters Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
39,118 Posts
Chuck, in the days of old I believe this practice was commonly referred to as "Mexican Match." No idea why. Pull FMJ bullets from ball ammo and replace with equal weight or lighter Sierra Matchkings.

Tip - bullets are easier to pull if you put them in a seating die and just 'crack' the neck tension/sealer by seating a hair deeper, before you pull them.

Glad to hear it worked, I did not know that there was anything salvagable regarding the Russian ammo. I have not been impressed with it. Good report.

39,118 Posts
Interesting, Chuck. Must be something different about the steel cases. So, they pull OK if you don't seat them deeper first? How are you pulling them, a coller or an inertial puller?

39,118 Posts
Chuck,

Meant to say 'collet' not 'collar.' Sorry..... it sounds like a collet-type puller is what you are using (has a ring that grabs the bullet and you use it in your press).

39,118 Posts
Ah, Chuck, you're missing the obvious. What you now need is a new gun to shoot that ammo in!!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.