Shooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having been unable to get primers for over a year, I finaly obtained some Wolf brand made in Russia. Large pistol. How do these compare to CCI, Win., Federal etc.? Has anyone used them?
Bob

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Friend of mine uses them in 9mm and has no problem with them. Don't know where they rank in force. He shoots combat with his reloads.

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,315 Posts
There are a couple of threads that you might want to check out, see the 'similar threads' at the bottom of the page.

I don't recall any bad reports on the forum re: Wolf primers, off the top of my head.

·
Registered
7,863 Posts
I ordered and received 1K each of large rifle and large pistol a couple of three weeks ago. I haven;t had a chance to load and shoot any yet. I haven;t heard any bad reports.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I have personally loaded and shot tens of thousands of Wolf primers, most of them large pistol in a .45 ACP, but also quite a lot of small rifle magnum primers in .223 Remington. I have absolutely no hesitation in using them and am quite happy that they are cheaper.

·
Registered
455 Posts
At this point any primer is a GOOD primer. But that aside, I've a friend that uses them and I've never seen him have any problems.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I bought some large pistol Wolf primers a few months ago, and I have loaded up some 41 Magnum with them. I haven't fired a lot of those, but the ones I did all went bang.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I purchased 3000 of them (small pistol) from a guy locally... everywhere I read people claim they are "the best" primers.

Prior to buying them I used Win. and Fed "match" primers since thats the only thing I could find at my gun shops.

They all seem to fire the same, but what I did notice about the wolf ones were they fed better through my priming station on my press... the fed match worked flawlessly but the winchester would on occasion jam up and had to be reset(wouldn't slide into the primer pocket smoothly) , so far I've loaded about 600 of the wolf primers and haven't had a single issue like I did with the winchester.

But my favorite thing is they package them so you can tip the package over and slide the cover off and they will lay upside down allowing me to collect them and put them into my press without having to flip each one over.

MIke.

·
Registered
998 Posts
But my favorite thing is they package them so you can tip the package over and slide the cover off and they will lay upside down allowing me to collect them and put them into my press without having to flip each one over.
RCBS (and probably others) make a primer tray that does that for you.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Don't know about Wolf, but I bought many thousands of Magtech a year and a half ago when the supply was just starting to dry up, and prices hadn't risen yet. They seem as good as CCI/Rem/Win.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the response. It looks like they will be just fine.
I will try to get more before I use these up. I don't ever want to be out of primers or any other components again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts