Shooters Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone recommend some aftermarket wooden grips for an older Model 37 J-frame? The factory grips are small for my hand, so I am looking for something a little larger, but not bulky.

·
Banned
421 Posts
I like target grips and combat grips for the same reason, and I have purchased a couple sets on ebay that look very nice, and were very inexpensive to boot. Just save your originals as they will add quite a bit to the gun if you should decide to sell later on. Just go to ebay and search for "J frame grips."
Hope that helps!

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I recently bought a set of Hogues for my Model 36 that I am really happy with. I think I paid around $50.00 for them. The original grips are tiny for my hands too. Someone suggested Midway -- this is where I found mine. They've got a pretty big selection.

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
Hogue grips is a good place to look. Installed a set of Hogues' on the wife's SIG 228 and they fit perfectly. Expected to do some fitting but it wasn't necessary at all.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Those are some beautiful grips. I love those excalibur boot grips, but I am afraid to go with wood on my 340PD for fear of too much recoil.
Good move. I replaced the factory Hoque Bantam grip with the really nice wooden Cocobola grips available from Dillon. This also was on an M340PD. Recoil was much more pronounced with magnums and the now relieved area behind the trigger guard put a really nice bruise on my second finger. I stopped after two rounds and the bruise went away in three months.

Now these were the grips that were the same size as the frame. Oversized wooden grips might be quite a bit better! The factory Bantams don't cover the backstrap anyway, so the problem is more the rear of the trigger guard than the direct recoil from the backstrap.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I suggest you try Altamont for grips on the J frame. I have a number of grips from them. None of my fancy grips cost more than $45.

These are my latest purchase from them:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts