Shooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI Guys, I'm in the process of developing an all purpose 444 load using BTB's 290gr LFNGC (sized to .431) with H322.  The only recipes I can find uses RL7 which niether I or my 444ss likes.
By extrapolating from other loads I come up with 49.5 gr. of H322 to start at.
Since I really don't like the "By Gosh By Golly" method of working up a load, I'm asking if anyone else has used H322 with the 290 grainer. Would appreciate anyones input.

·
Super Moderator
3,366 Posts
Smokepole,

49.0 of H-322 might be a tad hot to start with!  I'd go with 47.0 of H322 for a starting load, and work up with your rifle when using the BTB .431"-290g LFNGC.  H322 has proven to be an outstanding powder in the .444, delivering great uniformity, accurracy and predictability of pressure curve.

Don't overlook H335 and AA 2015 for your purposes as well.  They too are great powders for the .444 with 280+ grain bullets.

Let us know how you make out with your project!

God Bless,

Marshall

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First of all I'm glad to see you're feeling better and back.  Secondly, Thanks for the quick comeback, Now THATS "customer service"!!!
Ok, I'll back er down to 47 gr. of H322 and work up from there as soon as it quits raining so I can use the chronograph.  I'll let you know how it goes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts