Shooters Forum banner

Which would you pick?

• K-40

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • SP-101

Votes: 24 96.0%

Would you carry a SP101 or a K-40?

3K views 19 replies 17 participants last post by  MikeG 
I would go for the revolver because I am old school.

Heaven forbid you have to use it, but honestly do you want to stand there with some sissy metrosexual purse pistol that the thug might think is a kid's toy, when he could be staring at wicked hollowpoints poining out at him from the chambers of the wheelgun?

Also, anybody who thinks the .40 caliber has ANY stopping power has never witnessed a shooting with it.
Its a common round where I live and there have been multiple shootings with it. Not one was a one shot stop. One guy shot himself in the leg and drove himself to the hospital. Another guy got shot six or seven times with .40 pistols and the police had to beat him into submission with ASP batons and Mag Lights to cuff him.

You want to defend your life with that? Just because some fool gunwriter who never fired a shot in anger in his life was impressed by a marketing campaign? Brotha please!

The .40 was developed as a compromise round and it was successful at that part, at least. It has less stopping power than a .45 and less firepower than a 9mm. From local shooting results I can attest it apparently has less stopping power than a 9mm or a .38. Its paper stats are nothing but ballistic masterbation, as one wag put it.
Bill Jordan once said jacketed pistol bullets didn't perform worth a crap and it looks like the man knew what he was speaking about.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.