Shooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Searching for an original trigger assembly for a Win Model 54 bolt action rifle. If you have salvage parts please advise what you have....thanks...Brad

·
Premium Member
15,336 Posts
Look to rebuilding yours if possible. A friend not long ago got stuck with a nice M54 with a M70 shroud on it and the most dangerous trigger I've ever seen. (I have a video). Bubba leaned hard on that one!! The sear was ground away at an angle like an override is, then, since the safety didn't work, the cocking piece was ground away but the safety still didn't work, of course, so frustration caused it to sell. My friend ended up buying a complete M54 action so original parts could restore the rifle to how its supposed to work. YES, A model 70 trigger can be fitted with bushings, but then you don't have a bolt stop.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
JBelk...really appreciate your insight and am pursuing sources for "original" mod 54 trigger assembly....will not consider a Mod 70 cobble job. Failure to find salvage parts will lead me to the re-building option....Thanks again for the help...Brad

·
Premium Member
15,336 Posts
Expensive lessons learned are cheap to pass on.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Use the PM ( Private Message) function inside this board to transfer private info. Click on the members name in the header to a post. Then click on "Message" in the lower right corner of the pop up box. All will be cool & contained then.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts