Shooters Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine recently bought a real nice 1911, WW1 Canadian purchase Colt 1911. One mag had 7 rounds of ammo still in it . He gave them to me, they are stamped Rem-UMC 18. I think it's original WW1 ammo, looks like lead bullets. I told him he should keep them but he didn't want to. Are these worth anything at all?

·
Registered
Have owned and shot over 2500 different firearms including Blackpowder, Antiques, & Modern.
171 Posts
IIRC The bullets were clad with a cupro-nickel jacket. If really lead bullets they may be reloads.

·
Banned
502 Posts
With out seeing the bullets, I really could not say, but the 1911 has been around for a long time, so have factory loaded ammo.

Jerry

·
Banned
1,069 Posts
WWI ammo is not extremly rare but if the magazine is original, it is worth a bunch! Your rounds may be worth .50 - $1 for someone who wants that particular headstamp. As said, lead bullets are non-milspec.

Here's some 1914 from my collection. Yours should look similar.

·
Registered
33 Posts

if the wife gets you a 1911 be sure to hide the bullets. why take chances.................

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.