Shooters Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Banned
5,224 Posts
kdub,
That is the same way it is with Alaska. Up until about 2 years ago, the winners of the permits were announced in July and, at least for Dall Sheep, the season started in early August. Not much time for a resident to be asking for time off, scouting out his/her winning area (you can apply for up to 3 different hunts), etc... For an out of state winner, things must of have been really interesting, trying to find a guide, schedule time off, get plane tickets, purchase items needed for the hunt, get in shape, etc...

Funny thing is, Alaska doesn't have a point system. Everyone has an equal opportunity of winning a permit for a particular area. The drawing area that I live in, I've never been drawn for, even though a bunch of non-residents, and even foreign nationals have been drawn. In my backyard!!! Just can't figure that one out.

At any rate, good luck to everyone out there. I sure would like to get down to Arizona, New Mexico, etc... for some good hunting in the future.

Good luck to all!

· Banned
5,224 Posts
I don't see it happening in the next few years, but someday... Ahhh... someday!!!:D

Thank you so much for the offer of helping, though, don't be surprised when I knock on your door!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.