Shooters Forum banner

Your favorite handgun

13K views 58 replies 46 participants last post by  MikeG 
#1 · (Edited)
Let's see them. Pictures are a must. I'd love to see others on the forums favorite handguns, whether it's an automatic, revolver, single shot, or whatever. Is love to see the one you could never get rid of. After owning a whole lot of different pistols over the years. I have to say, the s&w 686+ in a 2.5" or maybe even a 3" barrel is my absolute favorite. My particular model is a 2.5" and has an amazing trigger, way better than other smiths I've owned or shot. I guess I lucked out with it. It is extremely accurate and capable. I feel it would make a great all around firearm, it can defend against assailants if necessary, or even take game if it had to. It doesn't get much use as a carry piece or anything, but it does visit the range frequently. Here are a few photos of it.

See less See more
#5 ·
My favorite and best looking pistol, happened to be a COLT PYTHON .357-mag with 6 inch barrel in blue. I was something to behold, when it came to shooting fast and hitting the target making very small groups.

However, today I will say my working pistols are a pair of GLOCKS. The reason is that, one can put their life on the line using a GLOCK period. I have replaced the factory barrels with stainless and added several things via the advice of a friend of mine at the GLOCK STORE, in California. They are top-shelf, when it comes to giving advice on how to put a change on your Glock for the better etc. The stainless lets me be able to shoot hard cast bullets.:) :cool:

#11 ·
My favorite was built (by me) in 1989. It was a river recovery .357 turned into a custom .41Mag with Ross Seyfried/Hamilton Bowen-style express sights. The front ramp is integral to the Douglas barrel blank. Grips are Big Horn Sheep.
Rust blue with nitre blued small parts.

I shoot nothing but 255 grain hard cast LBT bullets at a comfortable 1080fps for very good accuracy. The sights are zeroed for 75 yards and 175 yards. Using the base of the blade in the far sight gives me a 450 yards zero. Don't bet against it. ;)

Attachments

#12 ·
Looking at the thread a couple times now, I still can't decide which of my firearms is actually a favorite :confused:

I know I have too much stuff, guns, bows, fishing rods, but I never seem to be able to get rid of anything. Like having a favorite daughter, it never happens.

And, my picture taking talent is "0".

#13 · (Edited)
It could be the one I'm building...
Dual cylinder Taurus M607-608 in polished stainless. The eight-round cylinder will not only shoot .38 Special and .357 Mag, but a 1.30" Rimless Mag made from .223 brass using the factory full-moon clips for the .30 Carbine revolver. The seven-round cylinder will be chambered in the 1.415" .360 Dan Wesson.

Attachments

#15 ·

Ruger Super Blackhawk Hunter in 44 Magnum.

RJ

#21 ·
Ahh . . . Bob Munden, quite possibly the best pistolero that ever lived. Great guy too (or so I'm told)

Those grips? Those are very nice.

RJ

Reactions: nachogrande
#22 ·
My two favorites are an old Model 1911 Colt made in 1916 and a Ruger Blackhawk .41 Magnum SA. The 1911 was my backup gun during my LE years. I never needed to fire the 1911, but did use it a time or two to ZAP a Bad Guy choking my partner in a project.

The Ruger .41 Magnum is my woods gun and house gun.

Webley

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.