Shooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In reading many of the recent forum posts, through many of the different forum categories I've found some real jewels of loading data, much of it developed by our forum members, and well done loads too, I might add.

The problem comes when the forum threads progress, and those loads get buried in the archives of old posts. That information basically becomes lost to the forum members as a whole.

I'm asking that when you folks have good, solid handloading data please take the two or three minutes it takes to post your load at www.LoadSwap.com then link to it in your forum post when sharing loads!

In this way, not only does the data remain accessable, it's categorized, organized and instantly available to all members, and won't get buried as a thread becomes old and archived. Then, that great recipe will become a part of LoadSwap and just make it a richer resource for all.

My sincerest thanks to all who so willingly share here on the forums! Thanks too, for taking the time to make your data available to others at www.LoadSwap.com .

God bless,
 

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
Joined
·
23,772 Posts
Dang it!!

been meaning to do that very thing with several of the cartridges. Just didn't get around to it.

Promise to do that when I get back, Marshall - thanks for the reminder.
 

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
Joined
·
36,071 Posts
Indeed - been negligent myself. Just got a big 'ol can of WC820 and promise to chrono everything and get it in the database!
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That WC820's really good stuff! Makes the magnum handguns sing a really deadly song.

Do let us know what you find Mike!

God bless,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
Marshall Stanton said:
In reading many of the recent forum posts, through many of the different forum categories I've found some real jewels of loading data, much of it developed by our forum members, and well done loads too, I might add.

The problem comes when the forum threads progress, and those loads get buried in the archives of old posts. That information basically becomes lost to the forum members as a whole.

I'm asking that when you folks have good, solid handloading data please take the two or three minutes it takes to post your load at www.LoadSwap.com then link to it in your forum post when sharing loads!

In this way, not only does the data remain accessable, it's categorized, organized and instantly available to all members, and won't get buried as a thread becomes old and archived. Then, that great recipe will become a part of LoadSwap and just make it a richer resource for all.

My sincerest thanks to all who so willingly share here on the forums! Thanks too, for taking the time to make your data available to others at www.LoadSwap.com .

God bless,
may i suggest that loadswap adds a field for barrel length since that has a direct effect on muzzle velocity?

obviously a poster can list it under comments, but a blank field labelled "barrel length" would remind folks to fill it in. at present, many loads are missing barrel length

thanks

lapsub
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
384 Posts
Wow, thanks Marshall; I'm new to reloading and didn't know that site existed...Shows you how much I pay attention!!! LOL
 

·
Elk Whisperer (Super Moderator)
Joined
·
10,433 Posts
Oh HECK :mad:

Now I have to hobble all the way back to the basement and get all my data and cart it ALL the way back upstairs where the computer is :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
139 Posts
lapsub said:
may i suggest that loadswap adds a field for barrel length since that has a direct effect on muzzle velocity?

obviously a poster can list it under comments, but a blank field labelled "barrel length" would remind folks to fill it in. at present, many loads are missing barrel length

thanks

lapsub

I definitely second lapsub's suggestion. A separate field for barrel length would prompt folks to enter that information. It would really come in handy when evaluating loads.

firstshot
----------------------------------
Make your first shot count!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
340 Posts
Marshall,

Does one need to create a separate user name and password to log onto LoadSwap or can the Shooters Forum name/password be used? I'm getting a logon error when using my current Shooter's Forum username and password and the routine doesn't recognize my real name and email address.

TMC
 

·
Beartooth Regular
Joined
·
7,777 Posts
You can use the same user name and password, but it's a separate account, so it doesn't carry over from the forum. You have to create the account in LoadSwap. First I'd try your user name and then click on the "Forgot your Password: Click here." line. That should email you a new password. If that doesn't work, create a new account with a different user name.

Bye
Jack
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,288 Posts
I posted a good .44 magnum load yesterday. It would be nice if someone had the time to clean it up a little. There are eight "different" .44 Reminton Magnum calibers listed. i.e. .44 mag, 44 mag, 44rem mag. etc.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
99 Posts
Marshall Stanton said:
In reading many of the recent forum posts, through many of the different forum categories I've found some real jewels of loading data, much of it developed by our forum members, and well done loads too, I might add.

The problem comes when the forum threads progress, and those loads get buried in the archives of old posts. That information basically becomes lost to the forum members as a whole.

I'm asking that when you folks have good, solid handloading data please take the two or three minutes it takes to post your load at www.LoadSwap.com then link to it in your forum post when sharing loads!

In this way, not only does the data remain accessable, it's categorized, organized and instantly available to all members, and won't get buried as a thread becomes old and archived. Then, that great recipe will become a part of LoadSwap and just make it a richer resource for all.

My sincerest thanks to all who so willingly share here on the forums! Thanks too, for taking the time to make your data available to others at www.LoadSwap.com .

God bless,
I tried to post two different loads and discovered that I must be dumber than a post I was not able to get it to accept the load, tried three times and finally gave up.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
155 Posts
Very Very Good point,

Hey,

Anybody got a scanner? My logbook is full of good loads and, should I happen to catch that big bus, no doubt the wife would not recognize the value or work behind the scribbling...ha!!! Guess will have to get the log out and sit with the puter a while.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,011 Posts
Cobra44 said:
I tried to post two different loads and discovered that I must be dumber than a post I was not able to get it to accept the load, tried three times and finally gave up.

I could not get into it, either. Gave up. Why do we need the log in routine when we are already logged in?

Finally got in to that forum. What a mess! Where does one enter loads such as 44 Mag or 22-250 ?

Disregard the above remarks, I will not be going there ,anyway.
 

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
Joined
·
36,071 Posts
Need to do that to keep spammers from filling it up with garbage. Do you have any security software that might be interferring, like ZoneAlarm? Do you have ActiveX and JavaScript controls enabled for that site?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
224 Posts
Marshal, if possible could we use their handles in load swap that we use on the forum???? That way any questions could be directed to that person on the regular forum. Hard cast
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
495 Posts
Any idea when "load swap" will be accepting new members? or are you in the process of linking the log in/ registration with the "shooters forum"?
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
13,161 Posts
I think Marshall has pretty well got out of the Internet business other than for orders, but never say never.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
191 Posts
Just came across this site, loadswap, also and it seems a shame that it has become inactive. Looks like it could be very useful. Any chance of it becoming reactivated?
 
  • Like
Reactions: akula682
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top