Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A longtime friend, Royce Kelley, and his wife, Joyce, of 35+ years need your prayers.

Joyce was diagnosed Tuesday with a malignant brain tumor, and Thursday was hospitalized in ICU in a hospital in Spokane, Wa.

Friday Joyce underwent a 6 1/2 hour surgery to remove the malignant tumor the size of a large grapefruit from her brain.  She was doing well Saturday, cognizant, with normal speach and motor function.  However, during the night Saturday night she took a dirastic turn for the worse, and due to swelling of the brain and complications associated with that, she is now on total life support.

Please pray not only for her condition, but hte comfort of Royce, her husband.  Joyce and Royce were highschool sweethearts from their sophomore year until the present, nearly forty years later, and Royce is having a REALLY hard time coping with this sudden affliction.

Thanks to all, and I'm out of town with my brother in the Lord, Royce until this is resolved.  I'll be in touch then.

Thanks again, and God Bless,

Marshall

·
Beartooth Regular
650 Posts
Marshall,

I have added both Joyce & Royce  to my prayer list.

Thank you for sharing.

John

·
Super Moderator
3,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks John,

As an update, Joyce has been moved out of ICU as of today, and is still being fed intreveinously, and is on very high doses of an anti-inflammitory drug to ease the swelling of her brain.  The drug is toxic over a short period of time, and she is at that threshold right now, the inner cranial pressure in her cranium spikes badly when the doctors try to wean her off of the  drug.  It's a critical situation to be sure.

Overall the report is a better prognosis, but she is far from being out of the woods.

Many thanks to all.

God Bless,

Marshall

1 - 4 of 4 Posts