Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a good buy on night vision. Never owned any before so I had a question. It's a gen. 1.
I was wondering how it works in cold weather. Does it function normal? Is there any battery drain.
I'm going to use it for night time predator hunting so it will be out in the cold the majority of the time.
I hate to drop this much cash and find out it won't work in the cold.
Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I went a head and bought these. So I figure I would tell everyone about them.
First off they work great. I've never owned night vision before so I can't base it off much, but for a gen 1 they see perfect for what I want.
The night after I got them I went out to my fav. coyote. Calling spot and started a set. Within ten min I had one coyote coming in. At 200 yards I could see him just fine. He got within 50 yards then turned and head into the woods. I don't know if he winded me but he didn't run off.
So if anyone is interested go check out sportsman's guide. And no I don't work for them so it's not a shameless plug.

·
Registered
211 Posts
how crisp was the image at 200 yds? gen1's are not the best (obviously) but was it that good. how much did you pay? I understand that they have a gen4 now for civilian use. necessary?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It look good at that distance. I would say it was like looking at it thru a scope on your rifle. I could tell what I was looking at.
It's hard to explain. But for what I am using it for and never having used any before I think it works great.
I paid $150 for it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts