• No, I don't need that stuff as I like current information

Votes: 0 0.0%
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Threads about Zombies are interesting ... Use a caliber that begins with 4 , headshots work best and don't let them bite you !
Gary

·
Registered
134 Posts
Was just reading a locked zombie thread on 22 Shorts from way back. Was interesting and would have enjoyed reading more. I guess I could just start a new thread? Meh.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I've resurrected a number of zombie threads on different boards on subjects that have not been discussed for some time but might be of interest to newer reloaders or shooters and may have new information out there. Sometimes a new member will pop in and post something brand new from a different angle that is interesting.

For example the "what is the best powder for..." threads. Besides the standard "Unique, of course" and "Varget" sometimes a new post will say something like " Shooters World Buffalo Rifle" and give data. Happened to me on a straight wall question and I ended up buying 8lbs of Buffalo which is a great powder. I know most on here like in other things will experiment with new stuff but we can get set in our ways. Works fine until a powder shortage dries up your preferred powder and you start hunting for data using Green Dot in 45ACP

·
Registered
9,643 Posts
Philosophically....rather like the idea of at least a bit of me still walks around after I'm dead....so I'm not opposed to old threads coming back to life so long as they present new information rather than just restate the same question.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I grant your point, but the majority of those restarted zombie threads were started by people that are no longer here. That the whole point of starting a new thread is new blood.
I disagree, in the beginning the responding members got some it wrong and now their wrong answers are cut and pasted or quoted by members as the gospel of reloading. This reminds me of what I heard at a Jimmy Buffet concert; he stopped in the middle of one of his songs to remind the audience it was not nice to beat Jimmy to the words of his own songs.

F. Guffey

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Philosophically....rather like the idea of at least a bit of me still walks around after I'm dead....so I'm not opposed to old threads coming back to life so long as they present new information rather than just restate the same question.
.so I'm not opposed to old threads coming back to life so long as they present new information rather than just restate the same question.
It is not easy to get new stuff past old members.

F. Guffey

·
The Shadow (Moderator)
8,507 Posts
I disagree, in the beginning the responding members got some it wrong and now their wrong answers are cut and pasted or quoted by members as the gospel of reloading.
"Got some it wrong"..... There's irony for you.

You as part of the general membership, see 1/10 of the stupidity that gets originally posted to this forum. Don't think you've got the inside track on this one..

As far as people on this forum who "got it wrong":
Here's who ALWAYS get it wrong:

The bored, the bitter, the person who frankly hasn't done much shooting in some time. These are the people who dig up zombie threads. They are digging in history, not for info, but precisely to attempt to heroically right some dastardly wrong that was done to humanity. 🤦🤦🤦

Thread closed

Reactions: gwpercle
21 - 28 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.