Shooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just watched the latest Woody Harelson movie, Zombieland, on DVD. There are two rifles in it that I'm curious about.

The first is the lever action '92 Winchester with the sawed off barrel and stock and he carries in a holster. Josh Randall carried one in the made for TV series, "Wanted, Dead or Alive" back in the 60's. Who is making this rifle now and what is it called?

The other is a slide action rifle one of the girls is carrying. Reminded me of the old Colt Lightning Rifle. Shooting centerfire pistol cartridges in both of them. Anyone know who is making this rifle again?

Just curious.

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
My guess on the first one is that its probably a movie prop and a real one would probably not be legal without some type of tax stamp, but I could be way off base

·
Banned
199 Posts
Chiappa are making copies of the Mare's Leg used in the Steve McQueen series. Whether they'd be legal over there, I don't know. Gunblast magazine did an online review of the gun, and I believe the video is on youtube.

They would be the most useless thing ever though.

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
37,098 Posts
If a lever-action handgun was manufactured that way, then no problem. Cutting down a rifle.... big problem (without the tax stamp).

If it was pre-1899? (***!) Anybody's guess how the AFT would look at that.....

·
Banned
425 Posts
LOL, Great movie? A better look at the cut down lever gun is carried by Dr Spock, old Lenard himself in Catlow!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts